Monday, April 30, 2007

Tags or Plates

I just happened to think of this as I was driving home from school today. Kind of a silly subject but one I do think about as I drive to different parts of our country. Living in a tourist area affords us the opportunity to see a lot of different license plates. I was wondering if any of you have these same random thoughts about license plates? There are several states' plates that when I see them I get a good feeling. Not that this is my complete list but here are a few. Vermont, Alaska, Wyoming, Virginia, Colorado, and North Dakota. Some of the states that don't give me such a warm and fuzzy feeling are (far and away my number 1) New Jersey, then Massachusetts, Connecticut, Texas, New York and well New Jersey again.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Texas....GRRRRRR.

cee.dub said...

texas plates are everywhere...i love seeing alaska plates because they are distinctive (color) and seem like they've come so far. i'm always on the look-out for wyo plates, but have yet to see another one here.

However, I cannot - sorry Maggie and contrary to my desire to retire in steamboat - put colorado on my good list...those greenies to the south brought me too much pain during my time at UW.

GO POKES!

amy said...

we call massachusetts plates, "red plates" in our house..."a red plate just cut me off"..."the damn red plate is going 55 mph in the fast lane and won't pull over..."

you get the gist.

petecobb99 said...

it kind of chaps me that now states have all kinds of different plate. it used to be that you saw a car and you knew right away where it was from. now, not so much...
cali and texas plates make me cringe...

gardenboy said...

I feel the same way you do Beermaker. As we all know it is just another way for the states to make some extra dough on the people.

When I still owned that crazy natural foods store I would always question anyone who came into the parking lot sporting a Wyo plate.

Maggie said...

You don't want to be in the same car with Amy when you see a vanity plate.