Sunday, May 6, 2007

One More (or more) Reason To Love Hockey...

I really love hockey. You all know that. I just love hockey. I love to play. I love to watch. Truly a lifelong passion for me. Today I watched the Sabres beat the Rangers. I do enjoy seeing the Rangers lose. Almost as much I enjoy seeing the Red Wings lose. But there were two things that I really liked as the game ended. Well of course actually three. First the Rangers lost!!!!!
The next thing is the handshake after a series ends. I just think that is one of the greatest shows of sportsmanship there is in any sport. I have been on both ends of that handshake. I have been the winner and also the loser. Much more fun to be the winner. The other thing I liked was the Rangers' salute to their fans when the game was over. It is a very European way to end a hockey game.

2 comments:

Zack and Jenny said...

That's another in a long list of the great things about the FF. When MSU won, as soon as they got the trophy, they skated over to their fans section and shared the moment with them. You don't really see that with the other sports.

petecobb99 said...

even the yellowstone quake, a somewhat marginal team at best, always saluted the crowd after every loss, er, i mean game...