Sunday, August 19, 2007

What to wear on my first day of school....

I remember back a few decades ago when it was the first day of school. We would always get our clothes out the night before. Well we did it for a few years but of course MCW and beermaker stopped that long before Lynn and I did. But I just happened to think about that as tonight is back to school eve for me. I am very nervous about this. I want to do really well. I want to get great grades. I don't question my ability to do this as I proved to myself durint the Summer Bridge that I am able to do the work. I think I am nervous because it is a new beginning. Entering into unknown areas. I don't think my being nervous is a bad thing. I think it is a very common thing. I will try to keep you up to date on my progress.

I was going to take a picture of the boys in my closet deciding for me what to wear tomorrow but I just don't have the energy right now to do it. So just imagine that photo is included in this post.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Ahhh don't those boys look cute!!!

I think it is perfectly normal to be nervous. I was always nervous at the beginning of EACH semester! But the desire to want to do well, get good grades, etc. is what will make you a great student! We are all already proud of you for going back, so keep up the good work! :) :) :)

Lynn said...

I still pick out my clothes for the first day of school! In fact, except for the one year that I took care of children, I've been going to school every fall since I was 5! And I am still nervous.
You've accomplished a lot in the past couple years and have a life to look back on with pride.
Remember, as you are sitting there with all the other students, most of them weren't even alive when we were having a blast at the Annual Lawnmower Races! Experience counts!
You'll be great. I am thinking that a professor would jump for joy to see a student who actually CHOOSES to be in her class, not because he has to, but because he wants to. Every teacher's dream...
By the way, have fun, too!

amy said...

I'm looking forward to regular updates on your school experiences. Ditto what Mag said, very proud!

petecobb99 said...

i think maybe somebody else picked my clothes...

The Breadmaker said...

At least you get to choose!! For us its white, white and more white! Have to wear something(white!) under your scrub top so that your bra is not visible and if you can see a pattern on your undies thru your scrub pants, back home you go!!!!